Please make enquiries elsewhere - We apologise for the inconvenience

How to make a complaint about a nursing home in the UK

60,000per year

The number of calls councils recieve about care home residents welfare from concerned family and friends

Complaining about negligent care or abuse received in a nursing home or similar establishment

If you have concerns about the standard of care being provided to a loved one by a specialist organisation such as a nursing home, we may be able to help.

If your relative has suffered injury whilst in a care facility, there may be grounds for a Nursing Home compensation claim to be made. Before considering a claim, however, you may simply wish to make a formal complaint.

We can also help claim back care home fees that may have been paid incorrectly, and we offer NHS complaints advice or can help you make medical negligence compensation claim if you or a loved one have suffered medical malpractice.

The national press reported in May 2008 that social services departments and other organisations were receiving up to 5000 complaints a month regarding care abuse or neglect. The figures were released by the Governments own watchdog called the Commission for Social Care Inspection (CSCC).

Councils claim to be receiving up to 60,000 calls a year from concerned relatives and friends. There are more than 14600 care homes in England alone which gives you some idea of the scale of the problem. There are thought to be almost 800,000 people receiving care on some level from nursing establishments across the country.

Steps you should take to make a complaint:

  1. Speak to a solicitor if you feel injury or harm has resulted from the negligent act or acts.
  2. Complain to your local Council social care service department.
  3. Complain to the commission for social care inspection.

If you think that you or your relative may have a case for claiming negligence against a Care Home – Contact us today for friendly, informal advice on your case. No obligation and No charge.

The law in brief – to make a claim:

  1. You must show the standard of care was unreasonable
  2. That injury or harm resulted from this
  3. A No win No fee claim may be possible

Call our specialists for free informal advice on the merits of your case. We will then discuss how any claim can go forward and which funding option would be available to you.

(More below)


The Claims Connection NHS / GP / Consultant medical doctor & hospital negligence – UK personal injury & disability compensation specialists. Offering advice Nationwide – London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Liverpool, Nottingham, Bristol, Cardiff and many more locations.     – dental claimsno win no fee compensationaccidents at work compensation for a trip or fallwhiplash injury compensation – Judicial Studies Board Guidelines (JSB)British Standard [BSI] Medical equipmentCausationStandard of careRecover care home fees


Call us now on ------- or use the form below to request a callback

Your Name

Area of Law

What time would you prefer us to contact you?

Your Email Address

Telephone Number




Housing association fined after worker injured in fall

  A housing association in Coventry has been has been fined after an employee was… more

Housing association fined after worker injured in fall

  A housing association in Coventry has been has been fined after an employee was… more

Surgeon Ian Paterson – More victims come forward

Surgeon Ian Paterson: at least 103 further patients come forward. A leading law firm has confirmed… more

Request a Callback